“Special Needs Customers Code of Practice- Distribution and Supply License Condition 45”
Tanweer(“licensee”) owns and operates the electricity distribution and supply network in your area. we look after the safe delivery of electricity through our electricity network to your home.
Our objective is to provide the best service possible to all our customers. We are concerned about those customers who require special services, for example, those with special requirements, getting limited income and the elderly. In this Code of Practice, we
have set down our service which we provide those special need customers:
- We will provide a registration service for those customers who require special services covered by this Code.
- We will facilitate the registration of a third-party representative where necessary.
- We will publicize special need services through the media, on our website www.reefiah.com and through our Contact Centre.
- We will make sure that our staff is trained to implement this Code of Practice.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to make sure that registered special need customers (The sick) are not disconnected during the holy month of Ramadhan and the summer months of 1may and 30 September inclusive.
- We will waive municipality taxes for the electricity bills for the owners of social benefits card holders who are owing or rented premises on their name.
- We will shift the postpaid meters to prepaid meters free of cost for the owners of social benefits card holders who are owing the premise in their name up on the customer request.
Registration for priority support customers dependent on medical equipment
We offer a registration service for customers who are sick and reliant on home medical equipment, both life supporting and non-life supporting. This equipment includes and not limited to home dialysis, oxygen concentrators, nebulizers, stair lifts, bath hoists etc.
Registered customer will be treated as Priority. This will enable us to identify those customers who are particularly vulnerable to an energy supply interruption.
Life Support Equipment
- Oxygen Concentrator
- Personal Suction Machine
- Home Dialysis
- Peg Tube Feeding Pump
- Total Parental Nutrition Machine
Non-Life Support Equipment
- Electric Hoist
- Electric Pressure Relieving Mattress
- Household Lift
Registration for elderly customers
In the case of elderly customers (defined as those who are the age of 60 years and above) who are registered with us, we will not disconnectenergy supply for any reason (other than by customer request or for safety reasons) during the holy month of Ramadhan.
Registration for limited income customers
In the case of limited income customers (defined as those who are registered with Ministry of Social Development) who are registered with us, we will not disconnectedenergy supply for any reason (other than by customer request or for safety reasons) during the holy month of Ramadhan.
If you let us know that you or a member of your household relies on electric powered medical support equipment, or chronically sick or has a disability or elderly or social benefits income holder we will take extra steps to avoid or delay disconnection of service due to non- payment of your bills.
if you or anyone in your home relies on electric powered medical support equipment and you are unable to pay your electricity bill, we will avoid disconnection of your electricity supply during holy month of Ramadhan and between 1may and 30 September, but we would advise you to provide us with details of your circumstances.
How to recognize our representatives
We will be represented by a local agent who will carry out any works necessary at your property. The agent or we may need to visit you if your supply needs attention or to maintain, check or read your meter. Before you let anyone into your home, always make sure that you check who they are. All our representatives will present an identity card showing the company name, their own name, a reference number and a color photograph of the individual. They will also tell you the reason for their call. If you have any doubts about whether a caller is genuine, do not let them into your home.
Other ways we can help
Getting in touch with us – you may contact us on our Contact Centre toll-free number (80077787), and you should feel free to contact us regarding any aspect of your electricity supply.
we may be able to:
- Give advice over the phone on all our services.
- Put you in touch with other organizations or arrange for somebody to visit you at home.
You should always contact us first if you have a problem with your electricity supply and we will try to help. If we have been unable to resolve your problem, or if you would like independent advice, you should contact the authority for electricity regulation, Oman, the industry regulator. Their address and telephone number is:
Authority for ElectricityRegulation, Oman
P.O. Box 954, Postal Code 133, Al Khuwair, Sultanate of Oman
Tel: +968 24609700, Fax: +968 24609701
Website address: www.aer-oman.org
Register of customers with special needs assessment form
The information you provide on this form will be used to assess whether you should be registered as a customer with special needs. The register will help us give a better service and help our representatives know about any special circumstances or needs you may have. we will also need to inform our agents so that they are aware of your special needs. In certain circumstances, we may have to pass on your information to appropriate agencies such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Health. If your circumstances change, please update your registration. This can be done by contacting our Contact Centre. Please remember to re-register if you move your home. All provided information will be confidentially treated.
Appreciate the below documents to be attached while submitting the assessment form:
- ID Card copy (Special need customer & the representative if any)
- Medical Report from Ministry of Health stating clearly the dependence and/or the use of the equipment requiring electricity.
- Social benefits Card copy.
- Pension Card copy.